Evaluation three Info
Topic Code: CLWM4100
Topic Title: Taxation Regulation
Evaluation Title: Evaluation three
Evaluation Sort: Particular person Project and Video presentation
Weighting: 20 %
Complete Marks: 20
Submission: By way of Turnitin-written report; By way of Moodle-video presentation
Due Date: Monday of Week 10 at 19:55 AEST
• You're required to reply the questions, in a most of 1,000 phrases roughly.
• This task should be offered as a person effort. The task requires particular person analysis utilizing a variety of tax assets. It's anticipated that you'll survey the related literature, together with determined circumstances, and choose acceptable extra assets.
• You're anticipated to determine the information and points offered by every query, determine and apply the related laws and/or case regulation, and attain a conclusion.
• This evaluation assesses your analysis expertise, your potential to synthesise an authentic piece of labor to particular content material necessities. It additionally assesses your written communication expertise.
• Your causes to your conclusions and suggestions should be primarily based in your analysis into the related circumstances and laws.
• You're additionally required to organize a brief video presentation (three to five minutes) summarising the important thing points you have got addressed in your solutions.
• Please examine the marking sheet (included under) for every half to make sure that you have got adopted all the rules for presenting your work.
• Please ensure you observe the rules particularly these regarding presentation, late coverage and educational integrity.
Written Report (15 marks)
Yvonne Merrick, the holder of a British passport and a related working visa, arrived in Australia from the UK in January 2015 and began work as an administrator in a Brisbane hospital. On 10 July 2017 she travelled again to the UK for private causes and labored in odd jobs till 1 April 2018 when she returned to Brisbane and resumed her place on the hospital. Whereas within the UK she continued to keep up the residence she had purchased in Brisbane and her Australian checking account. She was on “go away with out pay” from her job on the hospital.
In the course of the 2017/18 12 months Yvonne was paid AUD$25,000 (gross) for her work within the UK and $15,000 for her work as an administrator in Australia. UK tax of AUD$four,500 was deducted from her wage. She was paid a bonus of $12,000 on 15 February 2018 for her work performed throughout 2017. She additionally acquired $2,000 curiosity on the financial savings in her Australian checking account and a totally franked dividend of $700 from her share investments within the Australian firm HAL Company Ltd.
On 1 July 2018 Yvonne left Australia indefinitely to take up a full-time place as a senior administrator in a UK hospital. Within the 2018/19 earnings 12 months, she was paid a wage of $70,000 for her work within the UK hospital. Tax amounting to $7,000 was deducted from her UK wage. For the 2018/19 12 months Yvonne acquired curiosity of $2,400 on her Australian checking account and a totally franked dividend of $900 on her shares from HAL Company Ltd.
Upon leaving Australia, Yvonne bought all of her furnishings and leased the residence she owns for $600 per week. For the 2018/19 12 months she acquired $26,000 rental earnings.
Half 1) Calculate her Australian assessable earnings for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 tax years. You need to give causes for the inclusion or exclusion of all receipts in her assessable earnings. Check with related laws and case(s) to find out her residency.
Half 2) Advise Yvonne concerning international tax paid within the UK for the 2017/18 tax 12 months solely. Calculate the tax offset quantity.
• The task (each the phrase doc and the video file) will must be submitted electronically via the scholar portal – use the hyperlink beneath “Assessments”.
• Any sources that you simply use must be acknowledged with the intention to keep away from plagiarism. Info on referencing could be discovered within the Tips for Referencing and Presentation on the Kaplan web site utilizing the next handle: (https://elearning.kbs.edu.au/mod/web page/view.php?id=128881).
In-Textual content Referencing and the Reference Record
• Sources of knowledge should be cited each within the physique of the textual content (in-text referencing) and the tip of the task (reference listing). Failure to take action will end in penalties. Keep in mind that when referencing an Annual Report, it's a company doc that doesn't have a specific writer however it would nonetheless require referencing any time you utilize data from it. Another paperwork or books or different references you utilize can even require referencing.
• Any work which has been copied or shared between college students will end in a Fail grade for all college students involved. Due to this fact, please be sure that the reply to this task is your work and never copied or purchased from any supply. In finishing this task ensure you observe the rules for assignments particularly these regarding the presentation of written work, late task coverage and educational integrity.
Penalties Relating to Referencing:
• No in-text referencing – deduct 1 marks
• Some in-text referencing solely – deduct 1 mark
• No reference listing – deduct 2 marks
• Incomplete reference listing – deduct 1 mark
Coverage on Late Submissions:
• Penalties shall be imposed on late task submissions in accordance with following:
• Variety of days late Penalty 1* - 9 days 5% per day for every calendar day late deducted from the entire marks accessible.
• 10 - 14 days 50% deducted from the entire marks accessible.
• After 14 days Assignments which can be submitted greater than 14 calendar days after the due date won't be accepted and the scholars will obtain a mark of zero for his or her task.
• Be aware However the above penalty guidelines, assignments can even be given a mark of zero if they're submitted after assignments have been returned to college students.
• *Assignments submitted at any stage inside the first 24 hours after the deadline shall be thought-about to be in the future late and subsequently topic to the related penalty.
Essential Research Info
Educational Integrity Coverage
KBS values educational integrity. All college students should perceive the which means and penalties of dishonest, plagiarism and different educational offences beneath the Educational Integrity and Conduct Coverage.
What's educational integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for tutorial misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I enchantment my grade?
Click on right here for solutions to those questions:
Phrase Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the phrase restrict by greater than 10% will stop to be marked from the purpose at which that restrict is exceeded.
College students could search research help from their native Educational Studying Advisor or check with the assets on the MyKBS Educational Success Centre web page. Click on right here for this data.
Project marking rubric
Analysis – 25%
Capacity to find and successfully use related assets Poor (Zero-1) Sufficient
Utility of regulation to information 50%
Capacity to determine related information Capacity to narrate acceptable regulation to the information
Capacity to attract right or defensible conclusions as to the appliance of the regulation to the information
Proof of efficient communication and presentation expertise:25%
The task is constructed in a logical method exhibiting growth of arguments
The task is concise and simple to grasp
Presentation concisely summarises the report