Deoxyribonucleic hard (DNA) is located in the central-part of the cell and is the genetic embodied in the cell. In arrange coercion cells to rafter mitosis and meiosis, the cells must be capable of unoriginal their DNA. In the assignment this week, we allure re-examination how this process of DNA rejoinder occurs.
1. DNA holds of couple polynucleotide chains that reach in irreconcilable commands. This opposite orientation of the couple seaboards makes them _______________________.
2. The fabric blocks of DNA are denominated nucleotides. Circle undivided nucleotide on the diagram overhead.
3. Each nucleotide haged of three factors __________________, _______________________, and ______________________. Engrave an model of each factor on the diagram overhead.
4. There are immodest nitrogenous lows in DNA. These lows are either separate resonance structures, denominated __________________, or 2-resonance structures, denominated ________________.
5. Complementary low pairs haged the continuous width of the inclose helix of DNA. Name the complementary low pairs of DNA.
6. An test conducted by __________________________ demonstrated the DNA rejoinder is _________________, which instrument that the replicated DNA contains undivided novel seaboard of DNA and undivided aged seaboard of DNA.
7. DNA rejoinder occurs duresonance the ____________________ presentation of the cell cycle.
8. In the copy overhead, engrave the inherent seaboard, slow seaboard, primase, separate seaboard stringent proteins, and helicase. Draw an arrow to betray the command of rejoinder.
9. The slow seaboard is synthesized continuously/discontinuously (Circle undivided). Why is it synthesized in this mode?
10. Name the enzyme that performs each employment.
_______________ Unwinds the DNA inclose helix
_______________Binds Okazaki fragments
_______________ Coercionms novel DNA seaboards by adding complementary lows
_______________ Stabilizes the DNA monad duresonance rejoinder
_______________ Makes a soon exception of RNA on the DNA template