Page 1 of 3
ICT204 Assessment 2 T220
THIS REPLACE THE ASSIGNMENT IN THE COURSE OUTLINE AS NOT ON
Assessment type: Group Work & Project Activity Report Writing using PMBOK
Purpose: This assessment will allow students to work as a team of 3 or 4,
demonstrate their understanding of the basic concepts of PMBOK
including defining the project charter, scope, scheduling, budget and
project plan. Students will learn how IT projects are managed in the
industry and will also play various roles a typical project team comprised
of, such as project manager, team member and other stakeholders. This
assessment contributes to learning outcomes b and d.
Submission: Each group must submit electronic copy of the project
reports through Moodle by the specified due dates.
Report Required Due Date Marks
Project charter Week 4 prior to Tutorial. 1
Project scope statement &
Week 5 prior to Tutorial. 2
(Schedule and Work
Breakdown Structure &
Week 6 prior to Tutorial. 2
Project budget, full project
plan including Group
Sunday Midnight of Week 6. 20
Total for Assessment 2 Sunday Midnight of Week 6. 25
Assessment Submission Instructions:
Nominate a team leader to submit the report. Each group can submit only one file
team report electronically on Moodle Turnitin by the due date. The submission link
is available. Again, I highlight, each part of submission link will only accept one
file. Hence you will need to combine files to a single file using Word, Pdf or Winzip
and submit from Group Leader only.
Page 2 of 3
Assessment topic: Students are given a project case study scenario including details of
required project resources, timeframes and outcomes required. They need to complete and
submit each of the PMBOK reports required periodically, which will form a complete project
plan for the project.
Task Details: PMBOK Case Study
Project Background: Cyclone IT is an Australian based IT Managed
Services provider. They provide a range of IT infrastructure management
to companies that do not have internal IT staff. The managed services
could be for on premise equipment and services or SAAS (Software as a
service) application. Cyclone IT work in various industries and the most
common are not for profit, aged care and sporting organization. The
demand for their Managed services has recently been sky rocketed and
they have started servicing midmarket (50 to 250) seat organizations. This
has meant a need for more automated Customer Relationship Management
(CRM) and Monitoring and Management System (MMS) system to be
implemented. In order to meet the demands Cyclone IT has decided to
implement Connectwise as the CRM system and Labtech as the MMS
Project Objective – Cyclone IT appointed your team to outline the business processes
and technological requirements to implement the CRM and MMS applications.
• Understand the current process flow and document solution used for
CRM and MMS at Cyclone IT.
• Both applications will require current customer data to be imported.
• Proposed CRM solution should allow Cyclone IT and their clients to
raise and track IT issues with the IT environment at each customer site.
• Proposed MMS solution should allow Cyclone IT staff to be remotely
access computers at customer site. o Proposed solution allows for any
change management with all clients of Cyclone IT
• Proposed solution should keep track of which customer has completed
the onboarding and are fully visible in the CRM and MMS systems.
• Proposed solution should include any training for customers and
Cyclone IT staff.
• You are to work with the vendors of Connectwise and Labtech to plan
and complete the implementation.
• Proposed solution should allow for any overlap of the current setup and
the new application installation.
• The onboarding of the clients should be phased. Initially a maximum of
5 clients should be onboarded. Further batch size to be determined after
the initial 5 client onboarding.
Page 3 of 3
• Proposed solution should appropriately provide security access to all users (i.e. admin,
trainer and client).
• Proposed solution should provide online access to the CRM portal for
they can track the progress of the tickets.
1. Implementation of the system should ensure that it can be scaled for
future enhancements and cloud solution
2. Project documentation for the system process requirements and
training both IT support staff and users
3. Proposed solution should integrate with existing organisation system.
4. Implemented systems should have Advanced Data Security
5. System should have 24hr Uptime.
Submission of the Complete Project documents must be made using
Turnitin submission folder available on the course Moodle page.
Appropriate citation using Harvard referencing technique must be used
where application. Plagiarism of the assignment submission will be
considered as academic misconduct.
Each group is allowed up to maximum of 4 persons. A decent group size is 3 persons. and
the forming group must be from your own tutorial class. By week 2 if you do not have a
group, please email your tutor to arrange for a group to join.
ICT 204 PROJECT MANAGEMENT T220
Approved by KOI Academic Board for T2 2020