GRADE 11 WORLD HISTORY
SPANISH FLU vs. COVID-19 – PERFORMANCE TASK
Essential Investigation: What are the similarities and dissimilitude betwixt the 1918 Spanish Flu and Covid-19?
Standards: WHII.T4.3. Analyze the political, gregarious, economic, and cultural developments coercionthcoming World War I.
h. the global influenza pandemic of 1918–1920
RCA-H.1. Cite biased extractual token to maintenance segregation of original and inferior rises, connecting insights gained from biased details to an intellect of the extract as a complete.
RCA-H.2. Particularize the convenient ideas or advice of a original or inferior rise; contribute an respectful compendium that constitutes disengaged the relationships natant the guide details and ideas.
RCA-H.3. Evaluate unanalogous descriptions coercion actions or flushts and particularize which description best accords with extractual token, acknowledging where a extract leaves matters dubious.
RCA-H. 7. Complete and evaluate multiple rises of advice presented in unanalogous coercionmats and resources (e.g., visually, quantitatively, as polite as in language) in dispose to address a investigation or clear-up a example.
WCA. 6.Use technology, including running web-based message platforms, to effect, proclaim, and update singular or shared communication products
WCA.8 When conducting exploration, gather bearing advice from multiple powerful stereocharacter and digital rises, using delayed searches effectively; assess the strengths and limitations of each rise in conditions of the biased toil, view, and audience; complete advice into the extract selectively to adhere-to the progress of ideas, avoiding plagiarism and overreliance on any undivided rise and coercionthcoming a criterion coercionmat coercion citation
Objectives: The tyro will…
o Assimilate and contrariety 2 global pandemics: 1918 “Spanish Flu” and Covid-19.
Name: Grade 11:
1. Fill in your call and exception in the interval contributed overhead.
2. There are couple calibre to this assessment:
• Part A: Gathering advice
• Part B: Comparing and Contrarietying
3. Complete twain calibre by filling in your replys in the interval contributed.
4. Please character in your replys in BLUE (it has been pre-set coercion you).
5. Remember to proofread your is-sue anteriorly submitting to secure there are no spelling, expression and/or punctuation errors.
6. Refer to the rubric coercion grading and expectations.
PART A: GATHERING INFORMATION
Directions: Watch the coercionthcoming videos and apology the investigations in the interval contributed. Bullet top replys are sportive.
1918 “Spanish Flu” Covid-19
Watch this video and apology the coercionthcoming investigations:
Watch this video and apology the coercionthcoming investigations:
1. No undivided recognizes accurately where this poison original broke quenched. List the three theories fond. 1. Where and when was it mented that Covid-19 original springd?
2. Why were Americans distrustful to ment having the flu in 1918? Explain your apology. 2. There are unanalogous characters of coronaviruses that account sickness in animals and humans. Which 3 enjoy appeared thus distant, and where/when did they spring?
3. So, flush though it didn’t rouse in Spain, how did it secure its nickname? 3. How does the transmission of the sickness supervene?
4. What symptoms made the 1918 poison unanalogous from the flu we recognize today? 4. What are the beggarly symptoms of Covid-19?
5. In what couple ways did crowd condemn Germans coercion this quenchedbreak? 5. Which groups of crowd are at weighty induce of sickness?
6. Doctors had diminutive ability to negotiate the poison, so instead, what precautions were captured? 6. As the vaccine is tranquil in its restraintthcoming stages, what are ways transmission of the poison can be prevented? List three suggestions fond.
7. Whereas the estimated casualties from WWI were _____(A)______ crowd, deaths from this quenchedbreak are said to be ______(B)______.
8. Which US President pinched this flu?
9. When was the original flu vaccine plain?
10. Why did it follow so crave coercion a flu vaccine to be plain?
As the pandemic continues, diverse tidings quenchedlets are releasing stories that assimilate these couple pandemics. Watch this video from the LA Durations proclaimed in May 2020. After watching, digest 3 similarities that the video observes betwixt the 1918 Flu and Covid-19.
PART B: COMPARE AND CONTRAST
1. Use the advice from Part A, as polite as your have recognizeledge, to assimilate and contrariety the 1918 “Spanish Flu” and Covid-19.
2. Use the contributed Venn diagram or imagine your have using a program such as Canva.
3. You must understand 4 dissimilitudes coercion each pandemic, and 4 similarities. Please secure you transcribe power announcements that advert your intellect of the couple pandemics.
4. Attach the Venn Diagram as a PDF, Word or PPT in your Assignments.
5. Refer to the rubric coercion grading and expectations.
SPANISH FLU vs. COVID-19 COMPARISON RUBRIC
4 3 2 1
Part A: Gathering Advice o All investigations are apologyed unexceptionably.
o Each apology produces a careful reply to the investigation substance asked. o Most investigations are apologyed unexceptionably.
o Most apologys produce a careful reply to the investigation substance asked. o Some investigations are apologyed unexceptionably.
o Some apologys produce a careful reply to the investigation substance asked. o Majority of the investigations were inunexceptionably apologyed.
o Majority of the apologys did referable constitute sagacity and/or had referablehing to do with the investigation substance asked.
Part B: Venn Diagram o All announcements showing similarities are placed in the benevolence, and dissimilitudes are placed in the quencheder dispersions.
o Tyro made 4 power announcements of comparison in each quencheder dispersion and 4 announcements of unifomity in the benevolence. o Most announcements showing similarities are placed in the benevolence, and dissimilitudes are placed in the quencheder dispersions.
o Tyro made 3 power announcements in each quencheder dispersion and 3 announcements of unifomity in the benevolence. o Some announcements showing similarities are placed in the benevolence, and some dissimilitudes are placed in the quencheder dispersions.
o Tyro made 2 power announcements in each quencheder dispersion and 2 announcements of unifomity in the benevolence. o Few or no announcements showing similarities are placed in the
center, and/or dissimilitudes placed
in the quencheder dispersions.
o Tyro made 1 or no announcement in each quencheder dispersion and/or 1 or no announcement of unifomity in the benevolence.
Understanding o Demonstrates a entire intellect of the unromantic gratified. o Demonstrates a good-tempered-tempered intellect of the unromantic gratified. o Demonstrates some intellect of the unromantic gratified. o Demonstrates diminutive to no intellect of the unromantic gratified.
Mechanics o There are no spelling, expression and/or punctuation errors. o There are 1-2 spelling, expression and/or punctuation errors. o There are 3-4 spelling, expression and/or punctuation errors. o There are 5+ spelling, expression and/or punctuation errors.
Use of Systematize Duration o Tyro self-starts and pleasantly uses systematize duration wisely and halts focused on the toil.
o No pedagogue interference is needed. o Tyro initiates is-sue, excepting does referable halt on toil pleasantly.
o Needs some pedagogue interference. o Tyro casually initiates is-sue, and/or casually does referable halt on toil.
o Requires intermittent pedagogue interference. o Tyro casually initiates is-sue, and/or does referable halt on toil.
o Requires usual pedagogue interference.
Total: /20 tops %
Feedback from Pedagogue:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
. Our system allows you to choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a right qualification.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a wide team of professional writers with experience in academic and formal business writing.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Ordering custom papers from us is customer friendly. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support through chat or via email.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We are familiar with various schools deadlines. As such, all papers are delivered on time to allow you time to review before submitting it. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We have mordernized our writing in accordance with current technologies. Our editors carefully review all quotations and references in the text. We also promise maximum privacy and confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our professional support agents are available 24 - 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience by answering all your queries.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these steps to get your essay paper done
Place your order
Fill all the order form sections by providing details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment model that suits you most.
Receive the final file of the done paper
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper when deadlines are closing at very late hours of the night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. You can order any assignment.
We work on all models of college papers within the set deadlines. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an application essay. You can rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
We format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review.. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.